Vancouver - Why not

Friday, May 19, 2006

Me Mam's Here!

Well its now a week since my mam and its time to document her stay here!

We met up with Liz's parents and went off to lighthouse park in exotic West Van. Its amazing what you take for granted living here in Vancouver and it was nice to be reminded how nice everything was again though someone elses eyes.
(mental note, look into renting a yacht)
(The 3 parents couldnt compete with Simon and Liz's climbing abilities)
Seattle, home of Hendrix, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and most famously Starbucks. I really like this place, perhaps the best thing about it is that it isnt as good as Vancouver and when you come home you feel good about it but apart from that it is a cracking city. Of course being america everything is a little bigger, louder and my patriotic but (for a short trip at least) thats half of the fun.

(The view from the top of the space needle)

(the view from the bottom of the space needle)

Galiano Island for those few of you who dont know already is one of the Gulf Islands situated South West of Vancouver. Meredith generously offered to take us there and to let us use her parents place for the day, more importantly she also let me drive, finally some open road without a bloody cross road every 2minutes!

(the ferry only leaves twice a day)

(im getting into my creative photography arent I)

(Arent I?)

(well its no supprise with a view like that)

(Meredith's place was far better than the hostels me and Chris were use to)

Grouse Mountain! Thanks to some free passes I took my mam to "the peak of vancouver" as chris reminded us on his perfectly renditioned speach.

(T shirt weather and snow)

(Vancouver from above)

(North Van, the best thing about it is that you get a good view of Vancouver)

Thanks for coming Mam hope you had as much fun as I did

Simon

4 Comments:

  • Its a shame we never met Mrs Farthing. Still, there's always the obligatory visit to Durham when we get home isn't there?

    By Blogger Ian, at 4:12 PM  

  • No, no there isn't.

    By Blogger Paul Banks, at 1:30 PM  

  • Look forward to meeting you in Durham Ian.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 AM  

  • Football team! I thought the Stadium of Light was a comedy club. Those people on the pitch always made me laugh.

    By Blogger Paul Banks, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home