Vancouver - Why not

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Metatarsal Injuries, a Personal Perspective

Well looks like Wayne Rooney is going to miss the world cup, and with him go the likelyhood of us winning it. I thought I'd take this chance, with the help of the BBC to tell you a little about metatarsal injuries. This is the second time Wayne has broken a metatarsal, other players to suffer a similar injury are Steven Gerrard, David Beckham, Gary Neville, Roy Keane, Ashley Cole, Ledley King, Michael Owen, and myself Simon Farthing.

BBC's website, fountain of all knowledge tells me that a rest period of 4-6 weeks, with no weight on the metatarsal is the best way to heal it. I guess driving to whistler and running in the snow the week after is the reason that mine still isnt properly healed 12 weeks on. Although I can take some comfort from learning that Michael Owen took 18 weeks to recover from a similar 5th metatarsal injury to mine, proving once and for all that I am indeed fitter than Michael Owen. I hope you've all learned something

6 Comments:

  • More incredibly, Graeme Dott is now World Snooker Champion after beating Peter Ebdon in the final.

    I know he's got to the final before but... Graeme Dott. He's never even won a tournamant before.

    Bad news about Rooney but luckily Paulo Wanchope is fit and ready to go for Costa Rica. That sweepstake money will be mine I tell ya.

    By Blogger Paul Banks, at 12:10 PM  

  • Graeme Dott's won the World Snooker Championship?!?!? But he's tiny. He played snooker with a chopstick as a cue and rides around on the back of a dog like a horse.

    Joke there for two people I lived with 2 years ago who almost certainly will never read this. Sigh.

    By Blogger Ian, at 1:35 PM  

  • I know, who'd have thought it. I miss the snooker

    By Blogger Simon, at 2:19 PM  

  • It was the longest Final inthe History of the universe.

    Even Peter Ebdon was asleep by the end, thats why he lost. He remained seated whenever Dott missed and conceded the frame.

    I hope it was tense, otherwise it could have possible ben the worst final in the history of history or historiography of snooker if you will.

    I'm lonely.

    By Blogger Bully, at 3:21 PM  

  • Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home