Vancouver - Why not

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Kits Pool!

I used to think of myself as a good swimmer back in the day, and with this in mind I headed to Kits Pool down the road. Not any old pool though, but Canada's biggest pool! The beast is 137 metres long which is over 5 times the length of a standard British pool. Its wierd in that its half sea water but its heated to a reasonable degree (as long as its warm outside). Its pretty tiring getting from one side to the other. Because I got bored (and yes ok, a little tired) I only managed 14 lengths but im going to get myself a 10 passes for $35 ticket and start going a couple times a week. Anyone want to join me?

4 Comments:

  • Yeah, I will. Tonight maybe?

    By Blogger Ian, at 8:53 AM  

  • Are you sure you can make it all the way across without drowning Ian.

    By Blogger Paul Banks, at 9:01 AM  

  • ian did infact make it all the way across without drowning. Are you much of a swimmer Paul?

    By Blogger Simon, at 4:27 PM  

  • You obviously haven't seen my collection of Olympic gold swimming medals.... which I stole them off Ian Thorpe.

    By Blogger Paul Banks, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home