Vancouver - Why not

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Best local ever/generous taxman?

Following in the fine tradition of The Station in Langley Moor, The travelers Rest in Durham, and Gz in Lancaster, its nice to again have a local pub. This time its early days but possibly the best local i've had, its equidistant from my house and the batcave, its fairly cheap, has good beer, and a bartender who is friendly and agrees with whatever you say no matter how ridiculous it is, spot on! Last night me and Keeny went in sat in our chairs at the bar and Keeny even got himself a free beer, the bartender (Kevin, or is it Keith?) took pity on him for not joining me in a refreshing pint of strongbow. He even put on a 'UK hits' satilitte radio station for us, good lad.

In Canada you have to declare your own taxes, which i did leaving me $130 to claim back. However, unlike the British equlivilent the Canadian's realised I'd been paying too much of the tax that you can't claim back, and gave me it back anyway! Meaning i got $260 back instead! Thank you Canada

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home